Shipping & Returns
All our books are printed on demand, hence will be put into our printer's printing queue only after you placed and paid for your order. This means that, if you are paying by cheque, cash or bank transfer, we will place your order in the pritning queue only after having received your payment. Once printed, your order will ship shortly afterwards, depending on the delivery addresse from various centers in the US, in Europe and from elsewhere in the world. Depending on our printer's workload, the time between your payment reaching us and shipping can vary between one to ten business days. Shipping time depends on the shipping method chosen and on the delivery address.
When checking out, you will have two kinds of shipping options:
- "Standard" shipping: this is the cheaper (and slower) method, but it usually is uninsured and not trackable. If your order total is beyond a certain amount, and if you enter a street address, we might upgrade this manually without charging extra to the second method:
- "Premium" shipping: insured and trackable (UPS, usually a few days). Please note that UPS does NOT deliver to PO Boxes, so make sure to enter a proper street address when selecting Premium shipping!
If you ordered using "Premium" shipping, or if we upgraded your order to "Premium" shipping, we will inform you about your order's tracking information as soon as it becomes available to us.
Note that our various shipping services require a contact phone number to reach the recipient of the order in case of delivery problems. We cannot place an order unless we enter such a phone number, hence we have made entering a phone number mandatory when checking out.
The actual shipping charge for your order is calculated when checking out. It depends on your order total, on the outlet where we place the order for printing, on the delivery address, and on various other factors decided at the time when the order is placed. Since these factors change frequently and are rather complex, we abstain from displaying here the very long and complex shipping tables with the charges in each possible case. Please check the shipping costs during check-out before placing your order. However, a few general rules of interest apply for Premium shipping:
- Premium, contiguous US: upward $15 per order, depending on the order's total mass.
- Premium, Hawaii and Alaska: upward $29 per order, depending on the order's total mass.
- Premium, UK: not quite $6, no matter the amount of books you order.
- Premium, EU: between $9 and $11.20, no matter the amount of books you order.
Note that there is FREE SHIPPING on orders reaching or exceeding a certain order total (before shipping) as given in the following table:
|48 contiguous US States||£120/€140/$160|
|Hawaii & Alaska||£220/€250/$290|
- “Europe 1” & “Europe 2”: “Europe 1” includes all European countries except for the countries of the former Soviet Union (which are in zone “International 1”) and the following countries listed in zone “Europe 2”: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greenland, Greece, Croatia, Iceland, Montenegro, Malta, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Svalbard & Jan Mayen.
- “International 1” – Caribbean, Central America, Israel, Turkey, Arabia, Iran, India, Russia + former satellites: United Arab Emirates, Antigua & Barbuda, Anguilla, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Bahrain, Saint Barthélemy, Bermuda, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius & Saba, Bahamas, Belarus, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Algeria, Egypt, Grenada, Georgia, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Honduras, Haiti, Israel, India, Iraq, Iran, Jamaica, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Kuwait, Cayman Islands, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Saint Lucia, Libya, Morocco, Moldova, Saint Martin, Macedonia, Martinique, Montserrat, Mexico, Nicaragua, Oman, Panama, Puerto Rico, Palestine, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, El Salvador, Sint Maarten, Syria, Turks & Caicos Islands, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Trinidad & Tobago, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Saint Vincent & Grenadines, Virgin Islands (British and US), Yemen.
- “International 2” – Asia, Africa: Cape Verde, Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Benin, Brunei, Bhutan, Botswana, Congo, Democratic Rep., Central African Republic, Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Cameroon, China, Western Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Gambia, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Kenya, Cambodia, Korea (South), Laos, Sri Lanka, Liberia, Lesotho, Madagascar, Mali, Mongolia, Macao, Mauritania, Malawi, Malaysia, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Rwanda, Sudan, Singapore, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Somalia, Swaziland, Chad, Togo, Thailand, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, Viet Nam, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- “International 3” – South America, New Zealand: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guinea, Guyana, New Zealand, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- “International 4” – Ozeania: American Samoa, Bouvet Island, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Christmas Island, Fiji, Falkland Islands, Micronesia, South Georgia, South Sandwich Islands, Guam, Heard & McDonald Islands, British Indian Ocean Territory, Kiribati, Comoros, Korea (North), Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Northern Mariana Islands, Mauritius, Maldives, New Caledonia, Norfolk Island, Nauru, Niue, French Polynesia, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Palau, Réunion, Solomon Islands, Seychelles, Saint Helena, Ascension, Tristan da Cunha, Sao Tome & Principe, French Southern Territories, Tokelau, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, US minor outlying islands, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna, Samoa, Mayotte.
Returns & Complaints
As long as an order has not yet been irrevocably processed, you have a right of withdrawal. However, once an order has been irrevocably processed, meaning we cannot stop the printing and/or shipping process anymore, the order is final. We do NOT take any returns of undamaged items that you ordered and which have been delivered to you.
If our shipment arrives with any damage, with incomplete or incorrect contents, we will strive to correct this at no charge to you. In such a case, please contact us using our contact page.
Our offers last until revoked and as long as stock lasts.